19 May 2013

** Two Hundred and Sixty Three **

Honestly I dont think I have anymore readers. Since I hardly ever update. XD

Lets go through the changes shall we? (i do this very often)

First of all I just finished my first year in Animation. Oh how time flies. It felt like it was just yesterday I was sitting outside Level 5 of block E waiting for my interview with all my average little scribbles. Nervous as hell I was since my A Levels result weren't all that good. Maybe they wont take me cuz they think I'm stupid. (I flunked a subject for A Levels) Here I am. Done with my first year with two more years before I grad. I think the real turning point that made me feel really good about myself was the fact I got acceptance during the interview. I never had any luck with scholarships (even with my 9As for SPM) apparently I look like an idiot on the picture I pasted on the scholarship form or something. Or maybe I didn't look like someone who sits and does what she needs to until its done. Yeah. Even with my fairly awesome curricular of Taekwondo achievements and Choral Speaking script writing and English drama, I wasnt good enough. So yeah. That gave me an extreme boost of self worth. Told myself I'd be the best in my class, if not the best one of them. :)

I honestly grew as an artist. Maybe its just me but I think I kick ass at bringing things to life. (Flattering myself much?) I still suck horribly at the technicality of drawing. Like the proportions in figure drawing. Never been a fan of theory but I keep telling myself it for my own good. I struggled a lot more with 3D than 2D in the first year. Not because I suck at 3D. I wont blame the program but I WILL!!! (Maya is a bitch and everyone that uses her knows it) 2D is pretty straight forward. Just the program crashes as well. (yes. im blaming the program.) I'd probably do a lot better in 2D at this moment in time at my current state as an artist. More because it is my comfort zone. I can do 2D animation anyday. Lets just say its good to be versatile in the industry. Hence I'm going to torture myself with Maya.

Here's a little advice for future Maya users reading this. Maya is your new girlfriend. (yeah. dump ur partner if ur taken) She's going to have her pms on you when you need her the most. She's gonna crash half the time when you dont tell her to forget. Sometimes, she fucks up and you cant do anything about it but start over. You're going to find yourself going "Maya, Y U DO TIS TO ME?!?!" Maya is a bitch but you have no choice cuz she's your girlfriend now and you are going to have to grin and bear with ALL her pms and breakdowns. No. You're not allowed to slap your girlfriend. (yes if maya was a person i'd beat the shit outa her)

On the side note. I think my 3D lecturer has eyes at the back of his head. As if he doesn't scare me enough. XD But he's cool... just a tad bit socially awkward. Then again, aren't we all?

*awkward panguin*

__________________________________________________________________

I have a lot to thank skating for.

For the family skating gave me. I'm really happy. I met the most amazing people through this sport. Especially when I first started, how it had that "all for one and one for all" feel to it. I loved the unity and fun times that came with the bruises and muscles strains of training. More importantly the irreplaceable bonds both as friends and as fellow sportsmen. Plus the eating sessions after training. Someday when this sport grows to an enormous scale in Malaysia, we'd be the few that say we were there from the start, when this sport was just a a minuscule thing that nobody knew of. :) Im really proud of how the sport has expanded.

 If it wasn't for skating, I think i wouldve gained a few kg from all the crazy snacking I do especially when its midnight and I get hungry for no apparent reason. Yea. Skating gave me the awesome physique i have today. Hahaha flattering myself too much. I think it was a real good thing I took up this sport to replace taekwondo and dancing which i hardly do anymore. Not sure why, I havent gained or lost any weight but everyone complains I'm too skinny. Here. Skating turns ur fats (of in my case what little fats i have) into muscles. I look skinner but i havent lost any mass. It all got converted to something else kay...

First time in my life I had the chance to compete at an international level. It was an experience. Seeing where I stand and where we stand in this sport. But we're working our way up there. We'll all get there someday. To be able to get to know and make acquaintances with skaters from different countries, learn a bit of their language and learn a lot from them. Though to be honest I am not a big fan of competitions or competing. xD

Oh. I have skating to thank for my boyfriend as well. :D Yeah. If it wasn't for skating i wouldn't have met my boyfriend. Pretty glad i met him actually. Didn know who he was at that time but yeah i remember kicking his ass as a game the skaters were playing while waiting for the next category to start or was it for the results. Doesn't matter. Kicked his ass. XD Come to think of it I only found out his name after the competition through facebook. Oh you. Playing all friendly with random strangers. tsk tsk tsk.

I love this sport. Even if i have some days where i feel like i should just put my skates aside for good. What I see tho is even if you leave, you never leave completely. There's a certain attachment to the sport that you cannot deny. You'd come back again some day. Just to have that feeling of flight again. Not as good as you used to anymore but we all come back to it someday. Because when you skate you become one with you shoes and bind yourself to the sport foreverrrrrrrrrr. LOL

__________________________________________________________________________

Cosplay? I dont know.

I think I should just...stop. Quit for good.

Or put it on hiatus.



Toodles,
Rach :)

(smilies are important)

0 complaints: